Volunteering for Slow Streets | Safe Streets
The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) invites you to support the Slow Streets | Safe Streets initiative during the COVID-19 public health crisis. Our growing community of neighbors are key to success in maintaining the network of Greenways barricades and signs. Volunteers visit Greenways installations and call in the Greenways Response Team when repairs are needed. As the summer progresses, volunteers will have fun opportunities to be ambassadors, placemakers and leaders, as we support people using the Greenways streets in safe and socially-distant ways.
As the events surrounding COVID-19 continue to evolve rapidly, we remain fully dedicated to the safety, health and well-being of the Greenways volunteers and general public. We expect all volunteers to follow safety protocols, and to take steps that help keep yourself and the community safe.
- If you feel sick, or have COVID symptoms, please stay home.
- Face coverings are required to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Maintain a minimum of six-foot distance between yourself and others.
- Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue or your elbow.
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use sanitizer